The local film industry seems to be picking up steam or perhaps I’ve just found where to get the information. I’ve faithfully been watching Detroit 1-8-7 on Tuesdays or on Hulu if I miss it (which is more often than not).
UK’s The Telegraph recently ran an article titled Ten famous films shot in Michigan. They are as follows:
- Up in the Air: George Clooney 2009
- American Beauty: Kevin Spacey 1999
- Gran Torino: Clint Eastwood 2008
- Die Hard 2: Bruce Willis 1990
- Beverly Hills Cop: Eddie Murphy 1984
- Things Fall Apart: 50 Cent 2010
- 8 Mile: Eminem 2002
- Gulliver’s Travels: Jack Black 2010
- Real Steel: Hugh Jackman 2010
- Cedar Rapids: Sigourney Weaver 2011
The films weren’t necessarily shot in their entirety here, but portions were. To learn what other films have Michigan scenes, visit the Michigan Film Office’s Made in MIchigan page.