Reader’s Digest recently published a picture slideshow called 9 Surprising Reasons Why Detroit Rocks as part of their Travel the World series.
Here is a summary of their list: (Visit here to see the images and the reasons for their selections.)
- The Heidelberg Project
- The Cass Corridor
- The Westin Book Cadillac Detroit
- Mexicantown’s Restaurants and Supermercados
- The Eastern Market
- Detroit on Wheels (or Feet)
- Artists’ Studios
- Motown (and Other Musical Attractions)
- The Quest for the Perfect Coney
Of course, those that live in and around this city understand there are more than 9 reasons why Detroit Rocks! For more cool things to see and do in Detroit, check out Becks Davis’ blog at DetroitMoxie.com
Thanks to @bchesnutt for bringing this list to my attention via twitter.