Spurred on by David Burch’s 10 Reasons You Should Post Your Video Today while at WordCamp Detroit, I’ve created my first video blog post. I talk about being thankful (Canadian Thanksgiving), TEDxDetroit, WordCamp Detroit, 140 Character Conference Detroit, and the 10/10/10 campaign to stop child trafficking.
- You obviously have a reason to do video if you bought all that equipment.
- 80% of success is just showing up.
- Success favors speed and action.
- If you don’t do it now, when will you do it? Never.
- It’s not going to be nearly as bad as you imagine it.
- You *can* always delete it.
- It’s your first video. Who cares if it’s crappy? Everyone’s attempt at *anything* is crap. So what?
- It will help you get over yourself.
- People on the web are looking for information. Share some information that we will care about… even if it’s lessons learned in your first attempt to make a video.
- To get past the fear that is stopping you. Claim victory.
It’s good advice, so I listened. Thanks for the push David!